- I was the star of my highschool musicals
- I used to polevault
- I can understand Spanish and Chinese, but speak haltingly.
- I spent summers at scout camp as a goodwill ambassador and crafts instructor.
- I eat too many cookies
- I once bawled in public at the airport over a girl
- this is harder than I thought it would be
- I spent my Junior year of high school as an exchange student to Argentina, and fell in love with mate (tea), empanadas (the best kind are with meat and olives).
- I went to school in Malta for fine art and philosophy, then studied classical painting at the Angel academy in Florence for a semester.
- After that, I ran an outdoor school kitchen and taught kids about nature for a year.
- I moved to Taiwan to teach English, after getting a teaching certificate in Barcelona, and – after getting rejected twice, finally enrolled for a Masters, then a PhD program at Taiwan’s #1 school.
- My favorite places ever are Oregon, Argentina, Bali and Malta (maybe? It’s been a long time, I need to go back and revisit).
- I gave myself my first tattoos. They still look pretty good. They’re astrology symbols for Jupiter and Saturn: they’re my two ruling planets.
- I believe in astrology (though I dislike the term “believe” – I think there are measurable, repeatable effects with a statistical significance). It makes sense to me and interests me.
15. I have weak teeth, and after getting screwed by a crappy dentist, a very nice one gave me a bunch of dental implants without charging. I try to repay the favor whenever I see someone struggling.
16. Most of my early fiction is based on real places, mythology or history. I do a lot of research, and we’ve even spent time in Northern Ireland / Eastern Bulgaria for research trips.
17. I’m fascinated by ancient civilization, megalithic structures, and all things ancient.
39… I’m currently 39 years old, and still struggling with adulthood.